Saturday, May 24, 2014

Food: Easy "Calzones"

A food post? What is this, some kind of Pinterest-y blog?

Well, actually. When I'm bored and at home with actual food resources, I get domestic. So far this summer I've made Oreo balls twice, and I plan on making some eggless cookie dough balls soon. 

For dinner today, I made these calzone/stromboli/pizza bread things I found on Pinterest. The pin just had a series of pictures, not a real recipe, but it's simple enough that I figured it out. I took some pictures of my own, but I'm not a pro by any means, so they're not as pretty as they could be!  

Ingredients! It's super simple, dudes.

INGREDIENTS: 
  • Pizza sauce of some kind (I'm sure you could use pesto, plain tomato sauce, or even just olive oil if you wanted!)
  • CHEEEEEEESE. I used mozzarella because, you know, pizza.
  • Pizza crust! The stretchy doughy kind that comes in the cardboard roll like Pillsbury biscuits do. 
  • Any toppings you want in your calzone!



Sauce!
STEP THE FIRST: Stretch out your pizza crust dough and apply sauce to your liking!


Cheese is the most important food group.
SECOND: Add some cheese! Or don't, if that's not your thing.

My brother really likes pepperoni.
THIRD: Add whatever else you want! I made one with just cheese (so much cheese) and one with pepperoni. Just be aware that it'll be a little harder to roll when you're working with more than cheese!

My calzooones are made with pizza dooouuuugh--So roll 'em up up up roll 'em up up up roll 'em up up up.
FOURTH: Roll it up! It'll get a little messy probably, but that's the fun of cooking, right? Riiiight?

FIFTH: Put them in the oven according to the instructions on your pizza dough container! And then:

Super unfancy cross-section shot time.
TA-DA! Pizza rolls/calzones/whatever you're calling them! They were cheesy and delicious.



No comments:

Post a Comment