Sunday, June 8, 2014

This past weekend...

Sorry for my absence here! There really hasn't been a whole lot going on with me—until this weekend!

Top left: Some monkeys playing Monopoly at the Brookshire's Wildlife Museum. Top right: Cookie cake at my brother's graduation dinner. Bottom: I went to Trader Joe's for the first time today, and it was magical.

I'm counting Thursday as the first day of this crazy weekend I've had. My mom and brother were out of town for Matthew's freshman orientation at college, so it was just dad and I. I started the day doing some freelance copyediting at a magazine in town for an hour or so. Good to stay sharp!

Then Dad picked me up and we went to what we call the Dead Animal Museum (see above) and goofed around for a bit. It's a lot different now that I'm older and the stuffed animals haven't changed--except for those poor monkeys. We went to Fresh and ate lunch+gelato before going to a used bookstore and heading home. All in all, a great day with my dad. 

Mom and Matthew got home Friday, and we got to hear all about their on-campus adventures. We mostly rested until Saturday evening, when we met up with two of my aunts at a family-favorite restaurant to celebrate Matthew's high school graduation! 

And then today, Sunday, I hitched a ride to Houston with my aunt Nancy, and now I'm staying with her and my uncle for a week, since I haven't in ages. 

So that's the gist of it, pretty much! Hopefully I'll be doing some cool stuff this week, hitting up museums and such, so I'll be sharing those adventures with you soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment