Sunday, May 18, 2014

Katie & Luke's Wedding Fiesta!


So yesterday evening was a lot of fun! My family and I went to my cousin's wedding reception party at this really nice place on the lake and hung out with a lot of people (most of whom I didn't know, but still!)


The sign welcoming us to Katie and Luke's reception
It was sort of funny to be having the reception now instead of after the actual wedding, but that's because Katie and Luke got married two months ago in a small ceremony on the beach in Hawaii. They had photos on display in the main room of the party, and my cousin looked beautiful--her husband looked handsome, too, of course.

Mostly what we did at the fiesta-themed party was hang out, talk, and eat. Now that I'm 21, I was able to have a couple margaritas, which I personally found exciting. Plus there were tacos, quesadillas, cake, and all the tortilla chips you could ever dream of. The party favors were little bottles of hot sauce with a Katie & Luke label on them!

The weather was beautiful, too! 
I got to hang out with my family and meet some people who hadn't seen me in years and years (most of whom I didn't remember because I was so young, haha). There was dancing, too, later on--I got out on the floor for a little bit, but the best part was when my aunt and uncle got out there with their daughter and did the wobble. It was hilarious! My dad was conveniently deep in conversation while my cousin and uncle had their father-daughter dance, thank goodness. My mom and I, of course, were busy crying. 

Dad and I being adorable


Before the sun went down, I dragged my dad into some selfies, because I don't have many recent pictures of the two of us. There were a few of these with my brother in them, too, but he wouldn't make a nice face so they're all goofy.

Anyway, there's not a lot else to tell, I guess. But it was really fun, and I loved getting to hang out with my family and party to celebrate Katie & Luke's new marriage! 

No comments:

Post a Comment